As we reflect on this amazing year, we are SO INCREDIBLY THANKFUL for the encouragement and support you have given us by coming to our concerts, volunteering to help us with concerts and publicity, inviting us to share our concerts and family programs with your neighborhoods and communities, and by making donations to our organization. Your involvement has made it possible for us to share our love of Hawaiian music and culture in ways we could never have imagined, so mahalo, mahalo, mahalo to you from our moved and inspired hearts.
We’d like to share some of the highlights of our year with you – all made possible by the support of individual donors and local organizations:
• We performed five free outdoor family concerts in Minneapolis and St. Paul. Three of these concerts were presented in collaboration with puppeteer Tom Lieberman and Luke the Uke.
• We presented our Hawaiian Fresh Water Songs educational program at Monroe Elementary School (Des Moines, IA), Central Elementary School (Nevada, IA), United Community School (Boone, IA), and Timber Ridge Elementary School (Johnston, IA).
• We presented our Hawaiian Fresh Water Songs educational program at Augustana Lutheran Church’s summer music camp.
• We were featured on Minnesota Public Radio’s Minnesota Sounds and Voices and on KFAI’s Groovin Plenty.
• We were named one of Minnesota Public Radio’s Top 9 Minnesota Arts Stories in 2013.